Sunday, July 29, 2012

Water Fun and Gabe's News!

We were too tired to make it to church.  Went to Cora's for lunch.  Kevin loves their fruit displays on each plate!

This afternoon, we went swimming with Melanie's family;
 Kevin loves the huge waterslide!
 Here he is at the bottom.
And the splash park with the bucket of water that dumps is exciting!  Kevin huddled with other kids waiting for the dump to hit them!


 A quick stop at the playground.
then to dinner at a restaurant on the water.  

Kevin is peppered with mosquito bites all over from the outdoor movie last night.  We went to a drugstore this morning to ask a phamacist for a good solution, as my Caladryl does not seem to help much.   He recommended Benadryl orally since he has so many bites.  We bought that and it worked.  After 6 or more hours, he asked for more.  This evening he was driving me out of my mind with his hyperness.  It wasn't until later, I remembered being told Benadryl can cause sleepiness or . . . hyperactivity.  Yep!  Being in the pool all day, it was not noticeable.  No more Benadryl!    Poor kid will have to itch. 

He read The 3 Billy Goats Gruff at bedtime, then I read my fractured fairytale version of the story to him.  He asked if I was going to publish it.  I told him I would need to find an illustrator, then we both realized HE could be my illustrator!  :)   We looked up some pictures of trolls for ideas but found nothing we liked. 

At 10pm Central Time, Gabriel called me to say, "I went potty," and Kien added, "For the first time!!!!"   :)   Gabe was very pleased and told me he received some candy and a sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment