Monday, July 2, 2012

Independence Day! - Monday

Beginning his second week of Club!   Walking up to his group -- Boys Group 3.

 
I don't mean Independence Day as in the Fourth of July.  I mean Kevin had independence today is going to and from Boys and Girls Club!

Last week, the babysitter wanted Kevin to do the 10 minute bike ride along from my choir rehearsal hall to the Boys and Girls Club.  I did not think he was ready for that.  He has not had enough experience navigating the lanes of "traffic."  Today, his new friend, Jack, and Jack's younger brother ride their bikes from home to Club by themselves.  So I allowed him to try.  He knows the streets well enough now that I don't think he would get lost.

 After they did their candy shopping in the YAC, I followed them to Jack's house.  I insisted he come home with me for lunch, even though they invited him to have lunch with them.  I did invite Jack to have lunch with us, but Jack needs to be gluton-free, and I was not prepared for that.  We agreed the boys could ride alone to the beach after Club this afternoon and swim there.  So I did not go to pick up Kevin after Club.  About an hour later, I went to Jack's house to see what they were doing.  Jack's Dad had gone to the beach to tell them to come home.

This was a major step forward in independence today!

No comments:

Post a Comment