Friday, July 20, 2012

Beating the Heat

We ran some errands this morning including checking out some possible trees for Greg to plant.  The nursery has a fish pond with an interesting fella.  An employee gave Kevin some food to feed him.
 Grandma liked this plaque over the checkout counter!  Though he could read the saying, Kevin did not understand it without explanation.

Today was 108!!!  I LOVE my rental car with the remote starter!  An essential for Texas!  Of course, we were back at the pool, and Kevin's little friend Mackenzie was there too.  When we left the pool, we went straight to a drive-through ice cream store for yummy PB cup and hot fudge sundaes. 
 
As we drove home, we saw dark storm clouds to the north.  Kevin played in the backyard until strong winds came, driving him inside.  He said, "I wonder if Mommy Karin sent that wind to make me come in before the storm."  Sweet!

In telling my agent this week about losing Karin, believing that God does have a plan, yet I don't know why Karin had to die, Kevin piped up that he wouldn't have Mommy Kinga if he had not lost Mommy Karin!!!  YES!  That is certainly true that Kevin is fortunate to have Kinga for a Mommy!!!!

This afternoon, we finally heard back on the cute house.   The seller refuses to budge.  Her agent even asked my agent for suggestions of how to convince her client that this is the best offer she will receive.  If I don't find a house by tomorrow, Kevin and I may be staying here longer than planned.

Kevin got to see giant turtles (well, at least, very large turtles!) which Kien and Gabe see regularly.  They live in a stream next to a favorite Mexican restaurant.  While I waited for a table, Kevin and Uncle Greg went next door to the AT&T store to buy me a Texas iPhone!  My Canadian cellphone bill of $350 per month will now be about $50 US!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment