Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rainy Day

I asked Kevin today if he remembers how he got his name, and he did not.  I told him Kevin is a combination of his parents' names:  Kevin = Karin + Steve.   Then I told him it works equally well with his new Mom's name!  Kevin = Kinga + Steven!!!

I had to take my car in for servicing today, and they gave me a loaner car which is not as well equipped as my car.  Kevin had a bit of a meltdown over the loaner car, because he could not manage his own air control from the backseat, he had no drink holder, he could not pull down the center armrest while strapped into his booster seat, and on and on.  Nothing like being a little spoiled!  LOL 

I have been having Kevin do at least 3 pages in a math workbook each day.  He chose a geometry section to do today.  Oh, my.  It challenged Grandma!  It took me a few minutes to come up with parallelogram and trapezoid.  Haven't used those terms in a LONG time!  And I certainly never learned them in elementary school! 

He practiced piano again today, as he has most days.  I realized I must make a video of the song he taught himself!  Coming on a future installment!  

Today was the first rainy day which limited out activities.  After yesterday's busy day, it was nice to veg a bit.  Kevin is absorbed by the cartoon channel we found.  BTW, Tivo is such a normal thing for kids these days that he cannot understand why Grandma cannot pause, back up, replay, save to watch later, etc. what is on TV.  And I seemed to be unable to explain what plain old TV is!  

Melanie came over this evening with her copy of "The Sound of Music."  Since seeing Julie Andrews, we have wanted to watch the movie again!

No comments:

Post a Comment