Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Creativity, Playtime, and Math

Kevin called me to come see his bed.  He made it without being asked!!!  And did it creatively!
When I returned this afternoon, I couldn't find Kevin in the room.  His teacher told me to look under the table. 
We had to rush home today as Melanie and her boys were coming to play in our yard.  Originally, we were going to let them play in the sprinkler, but it was too cool. They had fun running anyway.

 And we had pizza for dinner.

Later, a neighbor turned his sprinkler on his rock garden, and the boys ran to it -- cool or not! 



I remembered the workbook we brought and pulled it out of his case.  I thought it was a fun book to keep up on school skills over the summer.  But it is a serious math book he should have been working on all along!!!!  I told him we had to do three pages every night from now on!  He had some trouble with the simple addition questions on the first pages indicating he really does need extra help!  He has already forgotten basic skills. 



No comments:

Post a Comment