Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Water and Puck

I pack a kit for Kevin with lunch and two snacks every day.  There also is a water bottle.  It is always full when I take it out.  I know he refilled each day it at the Garden day camp a couple of weeks ago, but it seems like he doesn't touch it this week at art camp.  I asked him, "Do you drink your water during the day?"  His reply:  "I am so busy with art I don't even want to drink!" 

Each day when I come to pick him up, he wants to tour around the galleries.  Today, we spent quite a bit of time looking at all of the fabulous ceramic and paper sculptures done by one woman over a lifetime. We spent so much time examining everything that the volunteer in charge of the room came over to talk to us.  She was very impressed with Kevin's keen interest in the objects.  She gave us additional information on many of the pieces and gave a Kevin a catalog of the works.  A little gold bird which is my personal favorite is only $1050.  Wish I could buy it!

Finally, tonight is the first opportunity we have had to go ice skating.  Family Skate, according to my booklet, began at 7:00 until 8:30.  We arrived a little after 7 and were told it started at 6:00 and ends at 7:30.  So we only had about 15 minutes to skate once we had our skates on.

After taking our skates off, two adult hockey teams were on the ice.  He wanted to stay and watch.  At first, he sat on a ledge right behind the boards.

At one point, a referee took a puck out of his pocket and gave it to Kevin!  :)


Eventually, we went upstairs to the gallery.  He watched through the entire first period and into the second before being ready to leave. 

When we finally left, he said he was hungry, so we went to Dairy Queen.  While we sat on our tailgate eating with a family next to us on their tailgate, one of their boys (about 10 yr.) announced he was going into the pet food store next door.  A few minutes later, Kevin told me he was going into the pet store.  ha!

He took the puck to bed with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment