Thursday, July 19, 2012

Scooby, Sun, and Sand

I was to meet my realtor and the salesman of an inventory new house at the sales office at 9am.  I was awake at 4am until 8:30 working on various things (like catching up on this blog. . .) when I realized I should try to get some sleep.  At 9, I sat bolt upright, looked at the time and realized I was missing my appointment!!!!   Called my realtor in a panic.  She told me to come ahead as quickly as possible.  Dressed Kevin while still in bed, and rushed to the site.  Kevin was so cooperative!  He has been super all week about Grandma's house hunting.  Very patient.  Initially, he thought it would be boring.  I explained that house hunting really is fun, and he does see some enjoyment in it.
But Grandma has taken house hunting to the extreme!  This has been a crazy week of trying to find the perfect house which does not exist.  At least, we have not found it.

We made an offer this morning on the new construction which was immediately rejected.  They will only accept offers for 30 days out, and my closing is 6 weeks away.  In 2 weeks, I could try again, though he indicated my price was low.

My agent turned in an offer on a six-year old home which is very cute.  Within a few hours, we learned the seller is unwilling to budge on her asking price more than the $2000 carpet allowance she is willing to extend.  We countered with the extent of my budget and are waiting for a reply. 

Kevin asked for paper and pen and set himself to work drawing this --

He got this far before it was time to leave.
He was close to tears in tearing him away from the subject of his drawing.

At home, I suggested he do more drawing using the printed instructions from a large learn-to-draw book he has at home.  I took photos of some of the pages for him to make drawings at my house this summer.  He did a turtle and a snake.

 He also laid on the sofa bed with the dogs watching Scooby Doo on TV.

It is 100 today! A trip to the pool was essential and refreshing. A family came with 4 children.  The oldest is 5 and struck up a friendship with Kevin.  We only stayed an hour as the sun it too intense.
 I had forgotten about Kien's new sandbox as the wagon was on top of it, so I didn't notice it.  The wagon is there to keep the sandbox lid from blowing away.  Kevin played with the sandbox and the hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment