Monday, July 9, 2012

Nature in Science Day Camp

This morning was Kevin's first day at the Science of Nature day camp at the local botanical gardens.  He was very shy.  I recognized a couple of the leaders from his day camp there last year.  At the end of the day, he told me half of the kids were there last year too!  He did not want me to leave him this morning, but I eventually did, of course.

When I arrived to pick him up, he was engrossed in a very difficult jigsaw puzzle with a couple of other kids.  He was fairly adamant about finishing it before leaving.  It was a very difficult puzzle!  It even had a disclaimer on the box saying "this puzzle is more difficult than it looks."  Besides that, the puzzle was missing a third or more of the pieces making it impossible to get anywhere with it.  He did not want to dismantle what was accomplished, but finally realized it was beyond completion and put it back in the box.

We learned today those who want to can have an overnight on Thursday!!!  They will sleep in tents provided and need a sleeping bag.  We intended to go grocery shopping after camp, so we went to Walmart where we could get a sleeping bag, water bottle, lunch pack (since I can't find the one I bought last year), and our groceries.

We worked on the yoyo today.  I realized he is too short for the length of the yoyo, so put him on the piano bench to try to become more proficient at working the yoyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment