Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Death of a Cardinal

As we passed the main part of the Garden with the main building where he went to day camp last year, he mentioned that he likes that part of the garden better than at the Arboretum, because there are beautiful flowers and gardens where there are only woods at the Arboretum.  He also said he liked the "Art in the Garden" day camp last year better than this year's "Science in Nature."  He declared he enjoys art better than science.   I tried to remind him of science he does love -- birds, animals, and the crafts they are doing are scientific but artistic as well.  He still likes last year better. 

He wanted me to stay again this morning, but I could not.  I had too many things to accomplish today.
But I left him happily involved.
 When I returned home mid-day after some of my errands, I found Guinness had eaten the 3-D cardinal Kevin started making before we went to Chautauqua.  It was quite the creation, but Guinness thought it was for shredding.  I feared Kevin would cry.

My friend Julia joined me in walking the garden this afternoon, and we picked up Kevin.  He was agreeable to leaving when I arrived.  He leaves camp filthy and has to go directly into the tub as soon as we are home!  When I showed him his cardinal, he did cry.  He was very upset declaring that it was a lot of work.  He even hit Guinness on the head telling him he was bad. 

I still have not gone grocery shopping for more than food for Kevin's lunches and snacks, so we went to the Club for dinner and ate on the patio at the 18th hole.  A lovely evening, and Kevin enjoyed watching the golfers. 

Tonight, Grandma had a meeting to attend, so we had a babysitter.  Kevin was to be in bed at 9, but was still awake at 9:30 when I arrived home.  Plus the whole house was a mess -- furniture pushed around, things out of place, a bit of a disaster!  I learned they had been playing hide and seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment