Thursday, July 26, 2012

Art is His Passion

A babysitter came this morning so that I could attend my Rotary meeting.  I told her that Kevin will probably sleep in until I return which will be in plenty of time for me to get him up for his day camp.  Sure enough; he slept until I returned.  I was sitting at my computer and heard a strange noise, so got up to see what it was.  Kevin was just around the corner in the living room.  He startled me, and I screamed.  Because I screamed, I scared him!!!!   LOL  We both dissolved in a puddle of laughter! 

I told the babysitter he would probably cry because he didn't get to see her.  Actually, I was hoping he would forget she was coming this morning and continue on with his day.  He did forget.  Until . . . we got in the car to go to day camp.  He wanted to know why the car was all wet.  The rain gave my secret away!  And, yes, he did cry that he didn't see Laura. 

When I came at the end of the day, his totem pole was almost complete.  I took this photo.

Then he wanted to take some close-up shots:



He wants to enter it in an art show, so we will not be bringing it home tomorrow.  Grandma is going to have to ship it home after the show. 

Today, he spent a long time looking at everything in the gift shop -- especially all the paintings they have for sale.  There are many wonderful things to see! 

After grocery shopping, he watched cartoons on TV until dinner was ready.  He wanted to eat in front of the TV and set up a place for both of us to eat.  After his bath, it was a bit late to work on his math book, but I was determined he would do three pages anyway.  We skipped ahead in the book to money.  I thought that would be more fun.  It went well for a while, but then, he was just too tired.  We didn't complete the last page. 

At bedtime, I asked him which is more fun -- Science in Nature at the Garden where they did large muscle activities and games including canoeing every day, or Art Camp which has no large muscle activities that I am aware of.  It was an easy choice -- art!!!!  He would rather sit and work on creating art than run around and play games! 

No comments:

Post a Comment