Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wind-down Day

While Melanie was preparing to leave, Kevin was loving on Sophie.


Once they were packed and loaded, we went to breakfast at House On a Hill. My goodness, it takes a LOT of stuff to travel with two little ones for just a couple of days! To keep Kevin occupied at breakfast, we played a game of "I'm going on a trip and in my suitcase I am packing..." something that begins with each consecutive letter of the alphabet. We limited ourselves to only objects within sight which made it a fun game. Alarm, Blue vase, cup, etc.

Kevin spent much of his day relaxing, watching NetFlix movies on his iPhone while I went through his stuff and began packing and through my stuff to take some things home tomorrow.

I wanted to take him to a dollhouse store I knew he would love. He didn't want to go. I had to drag him there, then I couldn't get him OUT! He stayed for an hour at least. He wanted to buy the whole store.


I didn't want to buy anything, but I consented to buying a $1 loaf of bread.

At the checkout there were little interesting things: flip books of various topics, holographic bookmarks, glasses that make lights look like stars, and a $150 miniature flat screen TV for a dollhouse which WORKS!!! A DVD player is attached to it and you an actually watch a movie on the tiny screen!!!! He finally chose a King Tut flip book. In the meantime, we had a chat with the man managing the store. We talked about Kevin's summer with Grandma and all the things we have done including piano lessons. He told us about his son who, at age 8 wanted to learn to play the piano. A few years later, he wanted a grand piano! At age 10, he played a Star Spangled Banner piano duet at Chautauqua on July 4! He majored in music at Fredonia, went to the Cincinnati School of Music and is now the opera director in Houston at age 34!!!! So I told him about Kevin's amazing experiences: riding and steering a Zamboni and playing the Massey Organ at Chautauqua!!!! He told Kevin the reason he has these special experiences is because he is polite, curious, and interested.

Kevin made up a new knock-knock joke today.
Knock Knock
Whose there?
Ant
Ant who?
Antibiotics!

He watched another movie, then we went to the ropes course without my camera. He did some pretty amazing maneuvers way up high! Last year, I would not let him go very high. This year is still scary, but he really IS a monkey!

He called me into the bedroom to see this --

When we returned from dinner, the kitties were in the window. I left him cooing at the kitties; then realized he must have been kidnapped or was in the condo with the cats. He was entertaining the elderly gentleman cat owner by standing on his head. It took some time, but I finally pulled him away from the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment