Friday, August 12, 2011

Busy Day

Melanie, Kevin, and I rode our bikes together to Boys and Girls Club. It is so much better than walking and saves time. Instead of 30 minutes to walk there, it is only 15 min. on the bike. On the way, we saw this chamber music group practicing. Well, actually, they were being photographed and pretending to play.

Immediately after dropping Kevin at Boys and Girls Club, Melanie and I took in the morning Devotional Hour.
At lunch, we packed a picnic for the three of us, but Melanie babysat Kevin at the Bell Tower beach while Grandma attended a brown bag porch lecture on writing memoir.
Kevin played in Palestine Park

Unfortunately, Kevin went in the water. Our adorable boy is not always perfect,

and he started picking up sand under the water and throwing it. Then he picked up stones and threw them. The lifeguard reprimanded him and he had to get out of the lake. He was not happy when I arrived. Poor Melanie wasn't happy either. I got him dressed, and suggested we spend the rest of the lunch break at a playground I had just learned existed near the Boys and Girls Club.
Calm was restored.





After Boys and Girls Club, we attended an Iroquois storytelling session in the ravine.

Melanie babysat again tonight while I attended my choir rehearsal. This time, they went to the Bell Tower to hear the 6pm concert, and Kevin got to play a note on the carillon!!!

Then they had dinner at the Redline -- 50's type restaurant with waitresses on rollerblades. Followed by the ropes course!




When my rehearsal was over, we went to the Amphitheater to hear Clint Black. We knew he was country but were curious to see who he was. I would call him a cowboy singer. We stayed about 15 minutes, then left.

No comments:

Post a Comment