Thursday, August 4, 2011

Affectionate and Accomplish Swimmer

This morning, while I showered, I heard a boy outside my door asking if I could see what he did. This is what I found he had slid under my bathroom door! :) "I luv you"

Not a bad way to start the day!

I decided we needed a picture of walking into the building for daycamp! He is carrying his lunch and two snacks plus a bag with a clean shirt.

It was a banner day today. They rode on a bus to a pond where they canoed!
When I came to pick him up, he was snuggled ON the lap of a leader reading "The Lorax" again.

This time they did finish the story, and Kevin was one of the few who stayed until the end of the story.

Again, he wanted to spend some time playing in the Discovery Garden before leaving.

There is a fountain with corks for the children to play with and watch move down the series of levels. He told me there was a cork tree in the Mediterranean Garden and took me to it!


We could not stay long at the garden, because Kevin had his last swim lesson. There worked on skills he had learned.

Had some play time.

And worked on diving. Again, he can go in hands first!

This is what his teacher wrote about him:
"Fantastic work these past few lessons, Kevin! You have strengthened your endurance during front crawl now that you can properly turn your head to the side, take a breath, and continue swimming. To travel even faster, ensure that the bottoms of your feet are reaching the surface with your toes pointed so that the top part of your foot can splash down on the water. You have also demonstrated some strong kicking on your back. You always ensure to keep your belly pushed up with your head looking behind you so that you don't sink. Enjoy the rest of the summer and continue with your dedication to swimming lessons." He completed the Canadian Red Cross Level 3.

Tonight, Grandma had a Rotary BBQ, and Kevin went to Montana's with Grampa for dinner. Grampa says the waitress loved him. No surprise there!

No comments:

Post a Comment