Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Biking and Praying

Kevin is enjoying riding his bike to Club and is doing very well. But we need Grampa to get those training wheels off and teach him to really ride!

Crossing Thunder Bridge. When a bicycle crosses it, it sounds like thunder!

Grampa took Guinness in for his surgery today, then left to come to Chautauqua to trade cars. Grampa was to arrive before noon and pick up Kevin from Club for lunch while I went to a program I wanted to hear, but Grampa was talking on the phone and passed the exit. He arrived too late to pick up Kevin from Club. Grandma had to go, take Kevin to my program, and wait for Grampa to arrive to look after Kevin. ugh! I met them later at their lunch place, and we accompanied Kevin to the afternoon session of Club. Grampa stayed until after dinner.

We pray every night at bedtime, of course. Things he always prays are -- "Tell Mommy that we love her. Help us to have faith." Other typical requests include -- thank you for a good day (sometimes mentioning something in particular -- often food!), help us to have a good sleep and a good day tomorrow. A couple of nights ago, I went to bed at the same time as he (he is sleeping in my bed), and I heard him mumbling a prayer. I couldn't catch the thoughts but heard a word here or there -- Jesus, help, good. Then tonight as we were falling asleep he said that he prayed silently to himself as well. I told him it is good to talk to God at anytime, anywhere. He is always there to hear us.

No comments:

Post a Comment