Monday, August 8, 2011

Brave Biker

This morning, Kevin rode his bike to Club. When he first started on the roadway, he was on a downward slope, the Children's School bus was coming, and he pulled off the road. But... it was not grass; it was rocks with sharp edges. He wiped out and cut his hand. Blood came to the surface, but it did not bleed. This is the spot of his fall.

He was able to continue on, and he did VERY well!!!! He even went down the final, long, fairly steep hill perfectly! Here is the hill --

We went to the nurse for cleanup and a bandaid.

He did so well and was so happy about the overall experience, I decided to rent a bike for myself. I did not ride it to go get him for lunch, as I knew I would have to push him up many of the hills.
At lunchtime, this is the bicycle mayhem at the Boys and Girls Club.

We did ride together when returning to Club at 2pm. That worked very well! But I walked to pick him up, again because I needed to push him up the hills.

He has heard about snacks being available for purchase and insisted he was hungry and thirsty. We were forced to find the place, and he bought a freezie.

He took some pictures of some of his artwork today, and said, "It looks artistic (referring to the sun). That's a big word isn't it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment