Saturday, June 30, 2012

Kevin is my Hero!

Kevin slept in until almost 9:00.  He needed that sleep!

We loafed around all morning and beyond.  He watched his videos we brought from the library.  He wanted me to watch The Jungle Book 2 with him, but I fell asleep.

He also made some unique artwork.  He showed me this one,

and he explained:  "It's really hard to do.  You have to make the fish that's biting the worm, that's on the hook, that's on the fishing line, that's in the water."   :) 

After lunch of pancakes and sausage, we had errands:
#1 - went grocery shopping.

#2 - took Guinness to doggie park.  But no friends were there, so we went to the ropes course.


 The back tire on Kevin's bike went flat and the wheel froze.

#3 - had to return Kevin's bike to the bike shop (I drove it in the car) and exchanged for another.  Brought the second bike home and realized the back tire was bald.  Returned it for a third bike!  ugh!  He is disappointed it is blue instead of red.

THEN HE BECAME MY HERO!  I set my purse and car key down on the tailgate to lift the blue bike out.  My key fell down into the bottom of my car frame!!!!  My hand is too large to fit down that space.  I did this once before at home, and found a tool (long hook or something) which lifted it out.  Kevin's little arm was not long enough looking straight down at the keys, but (smart kid!) he suggested putting his arm in under the tailgate and bending his arm down to reach what he could not see.  It worked!  He got it out!!!!

We vegged the rest of the afternoon.  I read another chapter from "Charlotte's Web" and he read me another chapter from his book.  Then I taught him to play 3-13 before dinner.  He did VERY well!!!!  And he BEAT me by 2 points!!!

 On the way to the symphony tonight, they young girls were playing a French Horn quartet.  Kevin is placing a dollar in their music case. 



Tonight, Peter Serkin play a Brahms concerto with the Chautauqua Symphony.  I really wanted to hear him, but it was 10:00 before he began playing.  Kevin was VERY good during the first half of the concert and the first movement of the concerto, but then his body gave out, and he asked to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment