Friday, June 15, 2012

Arrived at Kevin's!

Today I flew to be with Kevin and his family.  I flew over Chautauqua Lake, took a picture and emailed it to Kinga, as Kevin and I will be there very soon!!!!   Kinga replied, "Wow!  Kev couldn't believe that it was Chautauqua!" 
 It was very cute how the dogs were so excited to see Grandma!  I guess they love me!  Lucky was jumping all over me and pulled a thread in my sweater.  ha! 

 Pebbles looking out the window while Kevin and I watched a movie -- "Beethoven."  Kevin loved it.  When the father's dress pants were slimed by Beethoven, he threw them downstairs to his wife.  Kevin said, "Why did he do that?  She isn't his maid!"   Someone is teaching him well! 

  After dinner, Kevin and I went down the street to play in the park and walk through the woods. 
 Twisting . . .


 Turning. . .
 And upside down.



He is growing in every way but one.  He is taller, though his doctor said he is growing but not gaining weight.  He is looking quite skinny.   His reading has improved dramatically in the past three months. 

We walked up the path in the woods.  He saw a frog in the stream, but he jumped away as I made a noisy approach.  We saw a lovely bluebird!


He caught a couple of fireflies!
And he found a reddish heart shaped rock!   He often finds heart shaped objects!  He remembers that I told him, when he finds one, it is Mommy Karin saying she loves him. 


Before we left the playground as we were swinging, I started to try to get him to pronounce the "ng" sound correctly.  That is a touch one!  He says it as an "n" sound -- with tip of tongue touching the roof of his mouth.  "Ng" is with the back of the tongue touching the roof of the mouth.  So I got him to say "ga" repeatedly and feel how it is the back of his tongue making the g sound.  Then he was able to say "ng" correctly a few times!!!  We will have to work on that this summer to be truly successful. 

On the way home, we found a these in a neighbor's yard.  And, yes, there are 50!
We played a game of Sorry with Mom and Dad.  What a crazy game!!!  Grandma ended up winning, and he was feeling badly because he was so close to winning too.  So I said, "Why don't you continue playing until their is a second winner?"  They did, and Kevin came in second!  





No comments:

Post a Comment