Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Coloring, Cooking, Cleaning, Coming Back


This morning, I gave the boys a bath.  They had fun making beards and clothing with the bubbles, 


and coloring the tub shower walls.   The center shape is a heart – drawn by Gabe!  


                                                                And here is his mural. 
We made chocolate chip cookies this morning.  While working on the cookies, Kien asked, “Why doesn't Grampa want to be your husband?  Maybe he is too old to be a husband.  Maybe you need to find a new husband.”  It is interesting/amusing to have a window into how he processes things. 

When we ate them at lunch, they wanted to dip their cookies in milk! 

Kien disappeared.  This is where I found him!  He said his feet were dirty. 
Grandma said, "Goodbye" today.  Cathi and the boys drove me to the airport.   I soon learned my 5:00 flight was delayed until at least 7:00, making me miss my connecting flight home.  I did not want to spend the night in LaGuardia, so they booked me on a Wednesday flight.  I rented a car and drove back to Greg's house.  The traffic is too heavy and the construction too severe to ask someone to drive that again!

Coming back meant I had time to complete the laundry project I had started for Cathi on Monday!  Now she has a sofa full of folded clothes to be put away.  

We had dinner at a Texas BBQ place.  Seemed rather authentic.  ha!  We stopped at Walmart, and I finally broke down and bought some cold meds.  In the US, Sudafed is BEHIND the drug counter, as kids, apparently, make meth with it.  You have to produce ID which they enter into a computer.  Since my ID was Canadian, they couldn't enter the Postal Code.  They ended up using my US Passport and Greg's home address.

No comments:

Post a Comment