Thursday, May 24, 2012

Brandy's High School Graduation Day

My missing bag was to be delivered overnight, but it never came.  Thus, I had only one outfit to wear until my suitcase arrives or I go shopping.  Kien asked this morning, "Why are you wearing the same clothes?" 

Later this morning, Kien suggested, "Play with me while you have energy."  Did he really say that?!  LOL


While putting dishes away and asking Cathi where they go, Kien said, “You have to be patient.”

I sleep on the family room pullout sofa when I am at their house.  The boys took my comforter and made themselves comfortable on it while watching TV.  





We needed to leave by 4pm to make it to Durant, OK, for Brandy's graduation.  By noon, there was no word on my suitcase, so I went shopping for a new top (I had serendipitously purchased new slacks at a Brooks Brothers airport shop), shoes, and to have my makeup done at an Estee Lauder counter.

There is new road construction everywhere!  As a result, leaving the mall for home was not the route I was used to.  I followed a sign saying 820 North which took me south.  I was a bit worried about why I was headed in the opposite direction and hurrying as the road was taking me away from home.  A cop stopped me going 53 in a 35.  I immediately declared, "I am so glad you are here!  I am from Canada, am trying to get back to my son's house in Saginaw before we have to leave for my granddaughter's high school graduation, and I am a bit panicked because the detour is taking me the wrong way!  After hearing my story of lost suitcase and buying new clothes, she explained where the detour is taking me and what lanes I need to be in to make it back to Saginaw.   Then she said she will pardon me this time as she did not want to add to my stress.


Cathi's parents are here from Nebraska.  Once they had arrived at the house, Gabe said,

"All the buddies are here."
Papa (Cathi's Dad) helped the boys create a fort with the comforter.


By 4, we were on the road traveling the two hours to Oklahoma.   The ceremony was held at the Southeast Oklahoma State football field.  Here we are arriving.  Kien is riding on Papa's  shoulders. 


 After the ceremony, Brandy walked over to where we were waiting for her and the boys went running to her full speed.  She caught them and sat on the ground hugging them. 












Then I got a turn to hug her too along with Jeremy.


                          The newlywed newly graduated couple --  Brandy and Tim.
                            
                                            Tim and his parents with Cathi and her parents.

My suitcase was finally delivered and at the front door when we arrived home at midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment