Monday, September 24, 2012

Silly Sunday

We all went to church except Cathi who was not feeling well. 

I took Kien to his class, Jeremy took himself to his class, and Greg took Gabe to his class which consisted of ONLY Gabe.  The two teachers wanted him to play in the huge Treehouse.  He did not want to play in the Treehouse and sat crying.  As I was headed for my class, I saw Greg peeking around the corner watching Gabe cry and wondering what to do.  I told him, "Go get him.  Why leave him there crying?"  So he took Gabe with him to his SS class.  When my classroom door opened at the end of the hour, Gabe ran in to me!  :)   Daddy could not stay in his class because Gabe became noisy. 

We ushered Gabe to his churchtime class where there were lots of kids and he was happy to be there.  Greg was exhausted and wanted to go home.  So I took him home, chatted with Cathi, then left in time to pick up the three boys at the end of the morning service.  But . . . I got LOST!  Instead of getting on the highway for two exits, I stayed on the service road which took a 90 degree turn and ended up on a highway going south.  I saw the Fort Worth skyscrapers looming ahead of me and knew I was in trouble.  I didn't even know if I could make it back to church in time to get the boys without holding up their teachers!  I called Greg for directions and he talked me through the mire of roads.  I arrived before church was out, got both of the little boys, then we waited until no one was left in the building for Jeremy to finally show up.  Meanwhile, the boys shared a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment