Saturday, September 15, 2012

Moved to Texas and Mowing

I arrived in Texas early September with all of my earthly belongings.  I now live just three miles from my little grandbabies -- Gabe and Kien plus 15 year old Jeremy! 

A welcoming Texas sunset as I drove to their house.



It is a blessing to live so close and be able to help them out.  Jeremy needed some poster board for an assignment late one night last week, so Grandma ran to Walmart for him.

Though not jumping up and down to have a second lawn to mow now, Jeremy was willing to mow for money and Grandma is more than willing to pay.  Greg has two mowers; one of which he said I could have.  However, Jeremy does their lawn, and that one happens to be Jeremy's favorite, so how can I take it away from him? Then we had the problem of transporting it since Greg had his truck at work.  I said it could go in the back of my SUV.  The handle could hang out the back tailgate, and we could leave the windows open to not have gas smell in my car.  Jeremy didn't think Grandma could help lift it.  ha!  Grandma is stronger than he thinks!  We handled it nicely together.  A mile down the road, Jeremy commented on the grass clippings flying all over the interior of my vehicle!!!  Oh, my. . . This is going to be a major clean up!  I pulled into my garage with the tailgate up.  NOT a wise thing to do!  We heard a huge pop.  The plastic cover on the rear wiper broke off.  Nothing too serious, but certainly a bit silly for a "wise" Grandma to have done.

We unloaded the mower, and Jeremy began his task.  Two feet into the lawn, you could hear the blade chopping to the ground!  So, with a strip of shaved dirt in my front yard, we figured out how to raise the mower.  Well, we did raise the mower, but the blade did not seem to rise with the frame of the mower!  ??  After two more feet of bare earth, Jeremy stopped the mower and said, "Grandma, I don't think you want me to mow your lawn."  I replied with a smirk. "You are right, Jeremy, I do NOT want you to mow my lawn!"

So back in the car it went with the windows still down and grass clippings snowing on us all the way back to his house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment