Sunday, April 7, 2013

Grandma's Last Day

Today is my last day.  At church, the kids were called forward for a sermon for them.  Since Kevin is not at church regularly, he is sometimes shy, but he was not today.  He was right up there with the others!


It was "family day," so the kids stayed for the whole service.  I am not sure how much of the sermon sunk in, but it was a good one for the kids to hear too.  The pastor talked quite a bit about how important it is for children to obey their parents.  Today was also Communion Sunday.  Kevin has not been in a Communion service before, and I didn't have time to explain to him.  Since they did not offer gluten-free bread, I was not going to go forward, but Kevin wanted to!  So I took him up, and he had his first Communion with me watching!  Later he commented on the bread and wine, "That was a good combination."  And he is right.  It is a good combination, I thought so myself as a child.  I liked grape juice with Saltines (as the Baptists do it) as a snack, but my mother warned me to not pretend I was taking Communion.

Laura is probably Kevin's best friend at that church.  Her Mommy was also a close friend of Karin's.  They were having fun together, so I wanted their picture.  Then they turned shy.  ha!  Laura isn't really that tall.  She was wearing wedge shoes!  Quite the little lady.
After church, we met Heather and baby Tristan at Goodberry's, a frozen custard stand.  We had "healthy" sundaes:  strawberries and coconut on pineapple custard.   Yum! 

Then we stopped at Mommy's grave to leave some flowers for her.  Her marker still is away for repair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment