Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mixed-up Day

Nothing turned out today the way it was planned. First, I was to meet a college friend at Starbucks around 9am on our way to the cemetery to remove the wreath I placed there at Christmas time. Kevin slept until 9:45! We didn't even have time to go to the cemetery. We only had time to go shopping for new flowers and we will have to place them there tomorrow. We found them in an A.C. Moore store as well as some art projects for Kevin and some pussywillow branches (second choice as we couldn't find the white branches I wanted) to make an Egg Tree.

On our way back to the house, I began working with Kevin on saying the "s" sound correctly. He lisps -- with his tongue between his teeth while saying an "s." We had some success, but it will take a lot a practice and reminding to conquer it. By now, we were running out of time, as we had to pick up Lucky from home and Cullin from his father's by 12:30 (we were late) to get to Lucky's training class by 1:00 (we were 15 min. late). After barking for the first 15 min.,

Lucky did very well and was even used as a demonstration student!


Kevin spent the time going around the room and petting each individual student. Here he is giving attention to the teacher's (sitting on the floor) dog.

The plan had been to go ice skating for the afternoon, but Cullin didn't want to skate after all, and we were much closer to a Goodberry's Frozen Custard store than from home. So I asked the question. . . Of course, everyone wanted Goodberry's! YAY!!!! Soooo good.


We were using the GPS in Steve's car, but, it sure led us astray on the way home! We were LOST!!!! We have no idea how we got to the point we were at, but Cullin guided me home with the GPS on his phone.

So we missed out on skating today, but they have public skating tomorrow afternoon too.

We set up the Egg Tree and I got out the glitter eggs I had purchased at home to bring for his Egg Tree. They turned out to be a garland! So I tried cutting them apart and making knots and loops to hang them individually. Not the the most ideal eggs. :\

He also is working on the little bead art project I bought for him.

Kevin and I had a sandwich, then made it to "The Lorax" in time for the evening showing. Kevin LOVED it!!!! He said he wants the video and the book! He wanted to draw the Truffula trees tonight, but I told him we would buy the book tomorrow so that he could copy lots of Dr. Seuss's pictures.

On the way home, we could see Venus and Mercury as exceedingly bright stars and within 5 degrees of each other. We went out on the deck at home to admire the brilliant sky. I pointed out Orion to Kevin, and we looked it up on the web. I had forgotten that his right hand is up in the air and his left hand holds a bow.

We were able to find the corresponding stars. Then we went out the front of his house to see the Big Dipper. He was amazed that we saw the Big Dipper in Chautauqua last summer AND saw it here tonight. I explained that the Northern Hemisphere (using a ball) sees the same constellations and stars while the Southern Hemisphere sees totally different stars and constellations.

With losing an hour of sleep tonight, I wanted to encourage him to bed at a "decent" hour. He read two Easter books to me. I am SO pleased with his reading! Another 30 minutes on his chart for tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment