Friday, October 21, 2011

The Beach!

I was not involved in my conference until later in the day, so I had time to play with Kevin. He wanted to play "hide the thimble" this morning using a spoon as the thimble. We both found some pretty crazy hiding places. We use "warm" and "cold" and "HOT!" clues to help find it. In this picture, he was discovering he was becoming warmer as he walked towards Daddy's shoes.
Even though it is only in the 60s, the water was calling Kevin. They went for a walk on the sunny beach, with Kevin in his swimming suit, while I did some preparation for my conference. When I went out to check on them and have lunch, he was wet. I went upstairs for a towel and dry shirt for him.

We ate on at the hotel's bar on the beach. We sat at a table while he lounged by the pool having his picnic. The unheated pools beckoned him.


Then he found a hot tub!


And finally ate his lunch.


I kept trying to sit near him to make sure he was OK, but he was on a steady move between pools. While reading, he would disappear and I would be calling his name and asking people if they had seen a little blonde boy, which they had. One woman asked me if he could swim. "Yes, much better than I can!" I found in him another hot tub with another boy and grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment