Sunday, December 23, 2012

Love Living Close!!


When I arrive at their house, the little boys do a dance exclaiming, "It's Grandma!"  Sometimes instead of a dance, they get down on all fours and pretend they are dogs.  That is what they did a couple of days ago when I needed to stop in.   Then the two little doggies started roughousing and I observed this cute play:
Today is Greg's birthday!  To help out a bit and see my birthday boy early, I offered to pick up donuts and bring to the house before leaving for church.   Our family's tradition, when the kids were little, was to stop at a donut shop on the way to church.  Grant said we needed that time to settle down and prepare for church.  The truth is, he was never around when I got the kids ready for the day except on Sundays.  He was oblivious to the daily trauma of getting kids ready for school on time!  It stressed him out to have to constantly be on top of them to get them out the door.  It was HE who needed the donut and coffee break before church.  Anyway, Greg tries to continue that tradition, but, instead of eating the donuts in the shop, he brings them home. 

So I arrived with donuts, and set the table.  In the process, Gabe bumped into me.  His Mom told him to say, "Excuse me!"  He replied, "It's only Grandma." 

When all were seated with the boys in their Sunday finest, I was closest to the cabinets.  Cathi said, "Get me a bib please."  Cracked me up as it sounded like she wanted it for herself.  

I gave Greg his birthday gift from me at breakfast as did Jeremy as he leaves for his Dad's today over the holidays.  Jeremy presented him with a wrapped gift with 2 giant Hershey bars taped to the top.  Greg immediately said, "A case of Mountain Dew."  Jeremy said, "How did you know?"  Greg said, "Am I right?  I just said that because it looked the right size!"  He peeked in the end to see it really was Mountain Dew.  Then he said to Jeremy, "Well, you owed it to me for drinking my last can."  Jeremy retorted, "I didn't feel guilty because, I knew I had more for you." 



No comments:

Post a Comment